Call for papers
Marx and Marxism 2019: Marxism without taboos - confronting oppressions
In this second decade of the 21st century, we witness the growth of political and social movements guided by ultraconservative perspectives, with strong sexist, racist, LGBT-phobic, and xenophobic speech and violence. On the other hand, the emergence of powerful social movements in defence of the rights of such groups highlights the importance of their agenda to critical thinking and for contemporary political projects. Would Marx and the Marxist traditions have significant contributions to the discussion of oppression?
The International Colloquium Marx and Marxism 2019 –
Marxism without taboos: confronting oppressions – invites participants to
reflect on questions of theoretical and/or historical order relative to
these themes, from different angles but unified by the Marxist
theoretical framework. Nine thematic axes guide the call for papers:
1. Theory of value and social antagonism
2. Education, class, and class struggle
3. Marxism and revolutions: theory and history
4. Culture, art, and emancipation
5. State, politics, and oppression
6. Imperialism, the national question, and migrations
7. Race and Marxism
8. Gender, sexuality, and Marxism
9. Race, gender and class on pre-capitalist societies
Call for papers
The Colloquium will accept two different types of submission, both requiring the application of full papers:
(a) Round tables on the themes defined by the thematic axes of the event, formed by 3 or 4 papers, and chaired by one of the participants;
(b) Single papers on the themes defined by the thematic axes of the event.
The Organizing Committee will preferentially select round table propositions, reserving its freedom to change their composition if necessary. The closing date for submission is 31st March 2019.
Idioms of the event
Portuguese, Spanish and English.
Simultaneous translation will be available only for the Plenary Sessions.
Papers shall be in doc, docx, rtf or odt files, with the following format:
• Margins: 3 cm left and right and 2,5 cm head and foot;
• Font: Times New Roman, 12 pts, 1,5 space;
• Limits: 10 to 30 A4 pages;
• Include abstract of 250 words at most and 3 to 5 keywords.